LATEST WINE DEALS POSTED 2/4/19Crazy good deals! Close outs! Incredible savings!
Great buy on the next 3 wines:
1) Mira Stanly Ranch Pinot Noir 2012, Napa: $29.99 $80 at the winery. Seductive, bewildering and racy aromas the lead to blueberry, cranberry and morel mushroom flavors enveloped in a sexy, beguiling perfume. A wine that delivers pleasure wrapped in a luxurious, fine lace-like delicious texture.
2) Mira Stanly Ranch Pinot Noir 2014, Carneros, Napa: $29.99 Average price online: $45Delicate, ever evolving aromas of black pepper, flowers and toasted nuts segue into juicy flavors of dried plums, Danube cherries and pomegranate, all concluding in a balanced, long lasting, lingering finish that hints at cigar smoke.
3) Mira Stanly Ranch Pinot Noir 2013, Carneros, Napa: $29.99 Average price online: $45Wine Enthusiast 92 pts. Full bodied and robust, this wine is abundant in earthy mint, strawberry and rhubarb,. It is also fully infatuated with its cool-climate aromatics of sea breeze and morning fog. Cherry rules the day on the palate, taking on a richness across the voluptuous finish.
4) WindRacer Chardonnay Russian River Chardonnay 2015: $29.99Bright aromas of Mutsu apple, shortbread, and lemon zest couple with lovely flavors of Asian pear, marzipan, and crème brûlée to create a rich wine that proudly boasts fresh acids and a long finish. The classic flavors and profile of the Russian River Valley shine through this beautifully integrated wine.
5) Parducci True Grit Reserve Petite Sirah 2015, Mendocino: $19.79 Suggested retail: $25WE 93 pts. #75 Top Cellar Selections of 2018! This monumental wine is one for the ages—or at least for 15 years. A deep color is followed by gorgeous aromas of rose, dark chocolate and blackberry syrup. The mouth-filling, ripe fruit flavors are concentrated, bolstered by thick, powerful tannins that give it a mouth-puckering astringency. The firmness sets this wine up for a long life. Best from 2022–2032.
And for those dog lovers (and animal lovers): Vineyard Wine Estates will be donating $5 for every case of the following 2 wines sold to a SC based humane charity and corporately they will be donating annually to the Napa Humane Society that is listed on the back of the bottles.
6) Bar Dog Red Wine, CA: $12.99This tasty red wine blend offers up rich, ripe jammy fruit including cherry, plum and baking spice with notes of cocoa. Beautifully balanced with gentle tannins and a moderate finish make this an easy-drinking wine you’ll love for every day occasions. 86% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Syrah.
7) Bar Dog Pinot Noir 2017, CA: $12.99Medium bodied wine opens with aromas and flavors juicy red fruit that develop into notes of cherry, strawberry and cranberry framed by cola and vanilla spice. Known for being food-friendly, this wine makes a great companion to a variety of dishes and meals.
8) Trefethen Cabernet Sauvignon 2016, Oak Knoll District: $46.99 ($60 at one of the largest retailers in the nation) Great price! Deep purple ruby in color, the wine has fruit driven aromas of plum, cherry and a hint of bay leaf. The palate is rich and concentrated with flavors of red fruits, baking spice and vanilla. Our Cabernet Sauvignon is ready to be enjoyed with your next meal or to rest in your cellar for future enjoyment.
9) Lucian Albrecht Brut Cremant d’Alsace: $20.99“Pinot Auxerrois, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay are some of the grape varieties used for our Crémant Brut, harvested by hand at the start of the grape harvest primarily in the municipality of Orschwihr, a large wine-growing community in southern Alsace whose microclimate favours early ripening. With a beautiful brilliant golden color, it exhibits a predominantly floral nose, has fine and persistent bubbles and is both elegant and balanced on the palate. As an aperitif, at cocktail parties or receptions, it is the classic drink for all festive occasions.”
10) Lucian Albrecht Brut Rose Cremant d’Alsace: $22 Wine Spectator 90 pts. Tart red currant, rhubarb and strawberry come together in a very refreshing, rounded and appetizing fashion. The frothy, foaming mousse is exuberant and highlights these strawberry shortcake flavors brilliantly, while a totally dry palate makes sure that this stays classy. This is very satisfying, fun and fruit-driven, with a serious core and a bright, lemony finish.
11) Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs 2015: $32.79#23 wine in VinePair’s Top 50 of 2018 The 2015 Blanc de Blancs has bright aromas of apple, tropical fruit and baked bread, which intermingle with hints of lemon blossom, vanilla wafer and baked pear. Candied citrus, green apple, apricot, and pineapple vibrate on the palate, which ends clean and refreshing with a quenching drive.
12) Schramsberg Brut Rose 2016, North Coast: $36.79The 2015 Brut Rosé has generous aromas of candied orange, raspberry preserve, cranberry and orange blossom. Its fruitful nose is complemented by notes of vanilla, honey and brioche. On the palate, there are juicy flavors of peach, strawberry shortcake and lemon curd, with soft touches of marzipan. The wine has a fresh, juicy acidity which drives to a bright, clean finish.” – Winemakers Sean Thompson and Hugh Davies. 64% Pinot Noir, 36% Chardonnay.
13) Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs 2014, North Coast: $37This Blanc de Noirs expresses generous aromas of red apple, apricot, and candied lemon, which gradually layer with fragrances of graham cracker and sourdough bread. Lush flavors coat the palate with cantaloupe, peach, and an added hint of vanilla and marzipan. The crisp acidity gives way to a floral, honeyed finish. Schramsberg pioneered the Blanc de Noirs style in the United States, releasing the first such American sparkler in 1967.
14) Michael David Earthquake Cabernet Sauvignon 2015, Lodi: $24.79Wine Enthusiast 90 pts. This wine is big, broad and deep. There are wood-smoke and tobacco aromas along with blackberry and black-cherry flavors. The body is full and thick but there are soft tannins in the texture.
15) Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2016: $93.99James Suckling 98 pts. Impressive, complex array of wild cherries, raspberries, garrigue herbs, lightly spiced pastry and stony, chalky minerals. Super-fresh florals. The palate has superb texture, roundness, completeness, depth and detail. Powerful yet elegant with powdery tannins and essence-like red fruit. Super-fleshy, supple and dense core, then strong at the edges. Layer upon layer peels away on the finish. Resounding finesse and equilibrium, showing the full potential of the plateau La Crau. Drink or hold.
Vinous 93-95 pts. “Undoubtedly one of the top vintages of this wine, the 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape La Crau features classy notes of crushed stones and black tea to go along with ripe raspberries and black cherries. Full-bodied yet silky, there’s more power and richness in La Crau than in Piedlong, yet there’s commensurate elegance and finesse. The wine grows in intensity on the finish without ever seeming heavy or overripe, instead offering hints of tea and licorice.”
16) Jean-Luc Baldes Clos Triguedina Probus Grand Vin de Cahors Malbec 2007: $67.99The origin of Malbec! Iconic producer! The ‘flagship’ vintage of the estate, which we offer almost mature. The nose opens up on a basket of black fruit. The complex and rich mouth is very well balanced, with a gentle tannin structure… the ‘must-drink’ Cahors wine!