WINE DEALS 5/2/23
B.R. Cohn Cabernet Sauvignon 2021, North Coast
Aromatics of the wine unfold with tea leaf, black fruit and leather. Spices also wrap around the nose while on the palate suggestions of currant, blackberry and bing cherry fruits evolve, becoming a spice rack of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. A touch of vanilla and mocha mingles with more earthy notes of tobacco leaf and herbs. As the wine opens up, the tannins—while present—integrate into the finish.
For a limited time: $12!
Limited time: $12! (regular price $20.79) While supplies last!
Santa Margherita Rose Prosecco Brut
Floral fragrances lifted by hints of red berry fruits as the subtle swath of aromatics unfolds in a richly stimulating progression. Elegance on the nose is satisfyingly matched by the delicate agility of the vibrant, long-lingering palate for a brilliantly versatile drinking experience that is all lightness and easy-drinking appeal.
Limited time: $19.99! (regular price $25.99) While supplies last!
WINE DEALS 3-27-23
- Highlands 41 Black Granite 2020, Paso Robles: $15.99 After a gentle fermentation, the varietal components of this red blend were aged in oak for ten months. With bright color and high fruit intensity, the 2020 Black Granite shows lively flavors of raspberry, blackberry and plum with warm notes of spice, brown sugar and vanilla. This is an approachable, well-integrated wine with long, soft tannins and a smooth finish. Blend: 45% Zinfandel, 20% Petite Sirah, 15% Malbec, 10% Syrah, 10% Merlot.
- B.R.Cohn Pinot Noir 2019, North Coast: $22.99 The aromatics suggest cherry, currant, vanilla and anise. On the palate there is a mixture of red raspberry and Bing cherry with underlying mocha, cinnamon and nutmeg notes which mingle in the natural acidity we look forward to in these cooler climate regions of the North Coast.
- Villa Poggio Salvi Brunello di Montalcino 2017, Tuscany: $48.79 Winemaker notes: Intense ruby red. Aromas of fine, ample, red fruits with notes of flowering grapes, and lavender. Dry but soft, full bodied, velvety tannins, very persistent and capable for a long ageing. Pair with red, roasted meat, seasoned cheese and truffles.
- Saint-Galet Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2019, Rhone: $36.99 61% Syrah, 37% Mourvèdre and 2% Viognier. This is what happens when you have an importer who direct imports, comes up with a blend for a wine and hires a world-famous producer (Eric Bonnet of Domaine La Bastide Saint Dominique) to make the wine for them. Sappy, dark, gutsy fruit, that garrigue-y smell of the hot Mistral blowing through the vineyards and a nice long finish that goes on and on!
- Tendril Cabernet Sauvignon Octave Vineyard 2017, Walla Walla Valley: $52.99 This enticing Cabernet possesses aromas of boysenberry, black cherry, cedar, allspice, vanilla, dark plum and a hint of cassis. The palate displays flavors of cassis, black cherry, sawdust, cocoa powder, dried blueberry and toast with great body and ample tannins. 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Cabernet Franc.
- Aston Estate Pinot Noir 2017, Sonoma Coast: $84.99 Property owned by Thomas Rivers Brown. In the glass, this wine exhibits a deep ruby color. Complex aromas of bramble fruit, baking spices and purple lilac swell from the glass. The palate expresses a harmonious set of flavors suggesting kirsch, spearmint oil, vanilla bean, and loam.
- Banfi Fontanelle Chardonnay 2018, Toscana: $26.99 This 100% Chardonnay belongs to the Castello Banfi estate-bottled single vineyard range. Thanks to the microclimate of our Montalcino vineyards and to the aging in barrique, this aristocratic favorite is imbued with complexity. Soft and dry taste with hints of apple, peach and apricot surrounded by light vanilla.
- Leonetti Cellars Sangiovese 2019, Walla Walla Valley: $119.99 The color is a gorgeous garnet hue. Complex nose of allspice, coffee with caramel, strawberry sorbet, roasted tomatoes, and charcuterie. Very fine-grained tannin structure with a focused palate of dark cherry and cranberry fruit character, and a surprisingly long, refreshing finish. Blend: 100% Sangiovese.